Our current SpokesBUZZ bands have had a busy, busy summer. As the season (unofficially) winds down this Labor Day weekend, our alumni bands are making sure those young whippersnappers see how to send summer out properly.
Here’s how it’s done:
- If you’re Grant Farm, you wind it up for the weekend with a Wednesday welcome week BBQ at the University of Wyoming, then you roll on to State Bridge to perform as the “Grantful Dead” during the Workingman’s Weekend and THEN you headline Sunday at the Boulder Creek Hometown Festival.
- Matt Mahern holds the record for “longest enrollment in SpokesBUZZ” (he’s still here, in fact, holding down the Fort as our Development Coordinator). Go see why he graduated with honors, as he takes the stage with Nashville music mentor and BandSwap buddy Ted Drozdowski at Avo’s on Friday.
- For years, you could find Post Paradise along the Tour de Fat parade route, generally setting up camp in City Park to play for the thousands of frolicking freaks as they biked merrily by. This year, however, the powers that be at New Belgium Brewing have seen fit to bring our darling cello rockers to the official after-parade party. See them on the Grotto Stage at 12:15 p.m.
Upstarts Up the Poudre
Not to be outdone by the SpokesBUZZ veterans, Pandas & People are headed up to the Mish on Friday to open for The Oh Hellos. Only a handful of summer concert dates remain this season, so this would be a fine almost-autumn evening to catch a performance in the Poudre Canyon.
On the Horizon
- Our next Magnolia Sessions house party is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 10 and features The 14ers
- Discount tickets for The Local Link series are available now via The Lincoln Center. Get yours!
- Stay tuned this fall for lots of buzz about music cities, creative places and (with your votes!) how to make a scene. And: might as well mark your calendars NOW for the annual SpokesBUZZ compilation CD release party on Friday, December 11!