Mid-October in SpokesBUZZ land is absolutely out of control — so many special events and new releases are on the docket this week (and next) that you all had better pace yourselves. Or don’t. You’re young and spry. You’ll be fine. Though by the end of October, Welcome to Deathville might be more than just an album title.
Here’s what’s in store:
- Thursday, Oct. 8: Join us at SpokesBUZZ HQ for the latest Magnolia Sessions house party, as Slow Caves celebrates the release of their new music video. 6PM, sponsored by Organic Alternatives, with beer from New Belgium Brewing and pizza courtesy of Pizza Casbah.
- Thursday, Oct. 8: meanwhile, mere blocks away at Downtown Artery, another video debut will take place as Grant Farm screens Episode #4 of their Meeting on the Mountain series at 5:30PM.
- Friday, Oct. 9: Rejoice as Post Paradise releases their new EP and invites Red Fox Run to help everyone party at the Artery. Get tickets NOW as this is gonna be a popular Friday night in the Fort.
- Friday, Oct. 9: meanwhile, in Denver, The Yawpers host a listening party at Syntax Physic Opera for *their* new album release (American Man debuts Oct. 30, but this is a chance to hear it early).
- Saturday, Oct. 10: if you happen to have a few too many while rockin’ out with The Yawpers on Friday, consider just staying put at Syntax Physic Opera for Saturday’s Eldren album release for the aforementioned Welcome to Deathville. Tickets are available but going fast, so don’t screw up.
- Saturday, Oct. 10: Red Fox Run returns to Denver to host a house party with Slow Caves and help raise a few more funds for their CMJ showcase in NYC on 10/14.
- Saturday, Oct. 10: if that’s not enough decadence and death for you in Denver, Gasoline Lollipops also has a Saturday show at Ophelia’s Electric Soapbox with the always splendid Halden Wofford and the Hi-Beams.
- Sunday, Oct. 11: Unwind from the wild weekend with MORE FUN at SpokesBUZZ Strikes Again — the weekly fundraiser Chipper’s Lanes hosts at their Fort Collins, Broomfield and Greeley locations. 6p – 9p with a portion of all sales donated to SpokesBUZZ.
- Monday: Sleep. Seriously. It just keeps going.
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: Qbala winds up for her Battle Cries EP release by partying at Pateros Creek Brewing and celebrating the launch of Battle Cries Stout — a limited edition salted caramel chocolate milk stout beer crafted especially for Q. And You. Go listen to tracks from the new EP!
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: Maxwell Hughes hits the Big Apple as his new band Edison plays their first CMJ official showcase
- Wednesday, Oct. 14: American Blackout heads over to CSU for LSC Live at the Ramskeller from 2p – 4p. Go Rams!
- Wednesday, Oct. 14: meanwhile, in NYC’s East Village, Slow Caves and Red Fox Run step onstage at Holy Underground’s official CMJ showcase at Berlin.
On the Horizon
We’re not kidding. It just keeps going.
- Oct. 15 brings two events featuring Wasteland Hop (including an appearance from our BandSwap buddies The Quick & Easy Boys from Portland) … AND a Matt Mahern show, to boot. Oct. 16 Qbala has her official EP release at The Whiskey. Oct. 17 is yet another SpokesBUZZ band doubleheader with American Blackout and Gasoline Lollipops sharing a Hodi’s bill … don’t worry, we’ll tell you all about it. Next week. We’re getting hand cramps over here. \m/